Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Humira

Well I did it. I injected myself at home with Humira. It went well, I think. I have a tiny little red dot at the spot where I stuck myself and that's about it.

I had the first two injections at the doctor's office last week and had no problem then either. I gave myself two injections with the supervision of my doctor and it was easy enough - a tiny little sting for ten seconds then you're finished. I am using the pens which are great. I like that I can't actually see the needle entering my skin. In fact, it's a bit difficult to see the needle at all. Fine with me.

There's a great instructional video on the Humira site. It's not as difficult or scary as I had myself believing.

The first week I got a headache a few days after the injections. The headache lasted about three days straight. I can't be sure that it was Humira related. I guess I will find out. It was a double dose the first time so maybe this time it will be better? Please?

There was a little bit of a problem at the doctor's office with one of the pens. But, once again, Humira came through and sent two replacements. So far, the experience with Humira/Abbott has been pretty good. Now, if only something could be done about my insurance company...

No comments:

Post a Comment