Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Huge Pain In The A..

Today was incredibly discouraging. I wasn't feeling great when I got up but I left for work anyway. Halfway to the office I started having some pain which could mean disaster or could just be some pain. There's no telling. I was in between train stops when it got really intense. I've been sick every day for a long time now but the pain was always dull and achey (thank goodness) until recently. Today it was burning, stabbing pain that almost brought me to my knees on the train. I spent the next ten minutes trying to stay upright and devise a plan. When the train finally stopped, I got off to seek refuge (a bathroom).

Anyone who has had an attack in an inopportune location knows the minutes until you get to a bathroom are the longest minutes since the beginning of time. Here, in New York, there is an added element of anxiety because there are guards at ever door, locks on every bathroom and rules regarding who can access the key. I quickly found a clean (bonus!) bathroom and snuck into it. I spent eons inside as I still had a 15 minute ride to work from the bathroom and wanted to make sure I would make it alive. Eventually I made it back to the train and then to the office.

I tried not to let my crappy morning ruin the rest of the day but the pain and exhaustion had other plans and the day was pretty much a write-off. The headache came in the afternoon and has yet to leave.

I've noticed an increase in the intensity of my pain since I started Humira. I am wondering if this indicates a narrowing of the intestine somewhere in there but the liquid nature of my -you know- made it easy for it to pass through. Now that the nature of my -you know what- is no longer always liquid, it's causing horrible pain. Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment