Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Headaches

Last night I had my fifth Humira injection. They've been going pretty well so far. I find it fairly easy to inject in my leg and I only had a problem once - I think I moved after the needle went in. It hurt. A lot.

The Humira is definitely helping some. I'm on week eight so I'm assuming the medicine is at full power by now. I only have diarrhea four or five times a week now (as opposed to four or five times a day) and, although I still am having pain, it's not as often. My stomach still swells to six-months-pregnant after I eat and I'm still not feeling confident enough to eat while I'm at work, but I'm getting there.

The only thing I've noticed is that I seem to get a headache a day or two after my injection. The headache lasts a few days but it's manageable. My doctor doesn't seem to think it's a problem so I guess I'll wait it out for a while.

This weekend, however, I had an awful migraine. It was the day before my injection so I don't think it was Humira related. I felt really nauseous the night before but went to bed without thinking much of it - I'm always nauseous. The next morning I woke up to ringing ears and a slight headache. I decided the best thing to do was to go back to sleep. The next time I woke up the light was bothering me and my ears were still ringing but the headache wasn't any worse. A few hours later though I had to get back in bed. I was shaky and nauseous and my head was really killing me. Soon I was in so much pain I couldn't bear it. I have literally not been in that much pain in my life. I had the blind spots and everything. By the time it was over I was completely wiped out and felt exhausted the entire next day.

I've had lots of really bad headaches since I've been sick but nothing to this degree. I have been traveling and entertaining guests and not eating right lately. I've also been a little more stressed out than usual and I'm hoping that was the cause of the migraine. I'm going to try to relax and eat better (at least until Thanksgiving) and see how it goes.

I'm having some trouble finding information connecting headaches/migraines to Crohn's. Does anyone else have headache issues?

No comments:

Post a Comment