Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Chrohniedays!

I hit up the pharmacy this afternoon for my meds. It's only been a month since my insurance company started covering my prescriptions at 100%. I still cannot believe that I can walk into the pharmacy and walk out with my script without any money changing hands. It's like a layer of stress has been lifted from my shoulders. No more claim forms. No more angry calls to the insurance company (well, as soon as I get the rest of the flex payments they owe me for 2011).

A few weeks ago, my husband got the cold everyone seems to be passing around. I was fine for a week or so, then a coworker came down with a different variation of the bug. I guess my immune system had enough and I got it too. I feel much better than I did a few days ago but it seems to be lingering. I skipped my Humira last week (do you guys do this when you get sick?) in hopes that a little immune boost would do the trick. Who knows if that helped at all. My voice fades by the end of the day and my right ear feels a little waterlogged. I should probably call the doctor but, seriously, who has the time right now?

Holiday festivities begin here Thursday with an airport run then a quick trip in to the city to see the Rock Center tree before driving to my parents' house. I purchased my last Christmas gift today and wrapped everything. I ran out of Christmas paper three quarters of the way through so my niece is getting some books wrapped in flower paper. What? There's a recession!

I'm feeling pretty calm this year. I found some good sales, got some good gifts, have all my stuff together four whole days before Christmas. I'm looking forward to a stress-free holiday week and wishing the same for all my Crohnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment