Wednesday, January 20, 2010

R-E-M-I-S-S-I-O-N

I received official word today that I am in remission! I wasn't expecting this at all. I've been feeling better but not great. I thought they would report that my capsule endoscopy showed improvement but not that it looked good!

Officially, Humira is working for me! My intestines have officially healed themselves! I am officially ecstatic!

I'm not perfect. The Humira is giving me headaches almost daily. My joints are still bothering me a bit and I still have some pain. I may have something else going on or maybe I'm just really out of shape. But, there is light at the end of my tunnel.

This is my first remission so I'm not sure what to expect. I don't know if I will physically ever be back to my old self. Anyone have any advice or insight into what happens next?

1 comment: